Effective Date: 10/11/2017
At McKesson US Pharmaceutical (“McKesson” or “we”), we value the trust that our customers place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information. This Privacy Notice informs visitors and regular users of McKesson’s Health Mart Website (“website”) about the purposes for which McKesson may collect, use and share personal information and how it is protected. We want you to be clear how we're using personal information and the ways in which we protect this information. By using this website, you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this website or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to the Health Mart Website (www.healthmart.com). McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries may have separate websites, subdomains, and applications through other web, mobile, cloud or SaaS platforms which are not subject to this Privacy Notice. Additionally, McKesson business partners, ad networks and other third parties may have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices. We encourage you to read their privacy notices and understand their privacy practices.
Personal Information We Collect
When you use this website, we may collect personal information about you. Personal information is any information accessed, collected, or used by McKesson that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, whether directly or indirectly. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Your city, state and/or zip code, in order to find a Health Mart pharmacy near you.
- Unique identifiers and preference information such as your geo-location, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, computer or mobile device, your navigation and behavior from actions that you take on our website.
- Information about you from affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, ad networks, and other third parties is combined it with information we already have about you.
- Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet. We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about visitors and users to this website. These technologies include the following:
- Web logging
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected personal information to other information we may collect about you.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
- We also use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store content information and preferences. Third parties who we partner with to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity may use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a ''Do Not Track'' feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers and not broadly supported. This site or service is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Finding a Health Mart pharmacy close to you
- Improve the content on our website
- Further develop our products and services to improve our business
How We Share Personal Information Collected
- McKesson US Pharma does not sell personal information about you to third parties.
- We may share personal information with other McKesson Business Units when permitted by law. Additionally, we may share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Notice.
- Some of our pages may utilize framing techniques to serve content to/from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that you are providing personal information to these third parties and not directly to McKesson. When framing techniques are utilized, your personal information is subject to the privacy practices of the third party.
McKesson may also need to share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of McKesson if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes or enforceable governmental requests
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, McKesson, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of McKesson assets.
Where appropriate or legally required, we will describe how your information that we collect through this website will be used and will provide choices about whether to allow us to engage in that use. To exercise your choice, you may discontinue information collection by deleting cookies in your web browser.
You may opt-out of geo-location collection by changing the setting of your browser or device.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (''HIPAA'')
As a key provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, McKesson has implemented programs to address the privacy and security requirements of HIPAA.
To the extent that we are functioning as a HIPAA covered entity, a Notice of Privacy Practices will be provided to you or made available to you.
This site is not intended for any user under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information through this website.
Seals, Buttons, and Content from Other Companies
This website includes seals, buttons and content links to other companies, such as Facebook and YouTube. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. When you use a link to go from our website to another website, our Privacy Notice is no longer in effect. We encourage you to read the Privacy Notice of each website you visit.
How We Protect Your Information
McKesson has established appropriate physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our users. We restrict access to personal information to McKesson employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting McKesson at SecurityIncidents@mckesson.com.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your controls. Since we may change this Privacy Notice, we recommend that you check the current version available from time to time. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the “Effective Date” at the beginning of this notice.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: Privacy@McKesson.com.
You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Privacy Notice, US Pharma Health Mart)
2 National Data Plaza NE, 3rd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30329