Effective Date: July 3, 2018
At McKesson US Pharmaceutical (“McKesson” or “we”), we value the trust that our customers place in us to appropriately use and protect personal information. This Privacy Notice informs visitors and regular users of McKesson’s Health Mart Website about the purposes for which McKesson may collect, use and share personal information and how it is protected. We want you to be clear how we're using personal information and the ways in which we protect this information. By using this website, you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using this website or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to www.healthmart.com, and the join.healthmart.com and my.healthmart.com subdomains (referred to collectively as the “website”). McKesson affiliates and subsidiaries may have separate websites, subdomains, and applications through other web, mobile, cloud or SaaS platforms which are not subject to this Privacy Notice. Additionally, McKesson business partners, ad networks and other third parties may have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices. We encourage you to read their privacy notices and understand their privacy practices.
Personal Information We Collect From You
When you use this website, we may collect personal information about you when you register for an account or otherwise provide information on our website. Personal information is any information accessed, collected, or used by McKesson that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, whether directly or indirectly. The personal information we may collect includes, but is not limited to:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Job Title and Company
- Pharmacy Name
- Phone Number
- Postal Code
- Your city, state and/or zip code, in order to find a Health Mart pharmacy near you.
- Unique identifiers and preference information such as your geo-location, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, computer or mobile device, your navigation and behavior from actions that you take on our website.
- Information about you from affiliates, subsidiaries, business partners, ad networks, and other third parties that is combined with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you. Examples of personal information that may be obtained from third parties include purchased marketing data about our customers from third parties that is combined with information we already have about you to create tailored advertising and products.
- Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet. We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
Personal Information We Collect From Others
We may also collect information about you from others including pharmacists who partner with McKesson and third party advertising partners. Information we collect from pharmacist partners may include:
- Patient name, address, and phone number
- Email address
- Prescription and refill information
- Insurance information.
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about visitors and users to this website. These technologies include the following:
- Web logging
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data. We do not link this automatically collected personal information to other information we may collect about you.
- Cookies and other tracking technologies
- We also use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store content information and preferences. Third parties who we partner with to provide certain features on our site or to display advertising based upon your Web browsing activity may use local storage such as HTML5 to collect and store information. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing HTML5 local storage.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a ''Do Not Track'' feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers and not broadly supported. This site or service is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
How We Use the Personal Information Collected
We may use the personal information we collect for purposes such as:
- Creating an account profile and maintaining information about your business
- Finding a Health Mart pharmacy close to you
- Improve the content on our website
- Further develop our products and services to improve our business
How We Share Personal Information Collected
- McKesson US Pharmaceutical does not sell personal information about you to third parties.
- We may share personal information with other McKesson Business Units when permitted by law.
- We may share your information with third parties who provide services on our behalf to help with our business activities. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide those services to us.
- Some of our pages may utilize framing techniques to serve content to/from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that you are providing personal information to these third parties and not directly to McKesson. When framing techniques are utilized, your personal information is subject to the privacy practices of the third party
McKesson may also need to share information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of McKesson if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Respond to lawful requests by public authorities, in order to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, and to comply with applicable regulations.
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, McKesson, or the public as required or permitted by law
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of McKesson assets.
McKesson provides choice regarding your information. If you believe your information is being handled, stored, disclosed, or otherwise used in a manner not consistent with your personal choice, or if you would like to withdraw consent to collection and processing, please contact us at: Privacy@McKesson.com.
You may sign up to receive newsletters or other communications from us. If you would like to discontinue receiving this information, you may update your email preferences by using the “unsubscribe” link found in emails we send to you.
You may opt-out of geo-location collection by changing the setting of your browser or device.
Upon request, McKesson will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct, or request deletion of your personal information by logging on to your individual profile or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
McKesson acknowledges that you have the right to access your personal information. McKesson has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes on behalf of Health Mart pharmacies. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, delete inaccurate data should direct their query to his/her Health Mart pharmacist. If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (''HIPAA'')
As a key provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, McKesson has implemented programs to address the privacy and security requirements of HIPAA.
To the extent that we are functioning as a HIPAA covered entity, a Notice of Privacy Practices will be provided to you or made available to you.
This site is not intended for any user under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. We request that children under the age of 13 not submit any personal information through this website.
Seals, Buttons, and Content from Other Companies
This website includes seals, buttons and content links to other companies, such as Facebook and YouTube. These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. When you use a link to go from our website to another website, our Privacy Notice is no longer in effect. We encourage you to read the Privacy Notice of each website you visit.
How We Protect Your Information
McKesson follows generally accepted physical, electronic and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect from or about our users, both during transmission and once it is received. We restrict access to personal information to McKesson employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting McKesson at email@example.com. We may retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may periodically update this Privacy Notice to describe new features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of personal information about you and your controls. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of a notice on this website prior to the changes becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, our information handling practices, or any other aspect of privacy and security of your personal information, please contact us at: Privacy@McKesson.com.
You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Privacy Officer (Privacy Notice, US Pharma Health Mart)
2 National Data Plaza NE, 3rd Floor
Atlanta, GA 30329